The Experience API (xAPI), also known as the Tin Can API is an e-learning software specification that allows learning content and learning systems to speak to each other in a manner that records and tracks all types of learning experiences - wikipedia
xAPI looks a good candidate to establish an open global standard for independent learning data. It lives in the restful, json-rpc centric world, and is fully on the standards track. Adoption may be slow, but it is growing continuously in a conservative market.
The Experience API is growing steadily each year: - Growth of xAPI
# How it works
Learning experiences are recorded in a Learning Record Store (LRS). LRSs can exist within traditional Learning Management Systems (LMSs) or on their own.
The Experience API (Tin Can API) is commonly considered the successor to SCORM. The Experience API allows for several new capabilities that SCORM didn't, such as:
The Experience API is an open source API. It is a RESTful Web Service that uses JSON for its data format. The web service allows software clients to read and write experiential data in the form of "statement" objects.
In their simplest form, statements are in the form of "I did this", or more generally "actor verb object".
More complex statement forms can be used. There is also a built in query API to help filter recorded statements, and a state API that allows for a sort of "scratch space" for consuming applications.
- Tracking learning plans and goals
# Cmi5 - How we support the cmi5... - rusticisoftware.com - Why cmi5? - xapi.com - From SCORM to CMI5: the... - softwarecountry.com - The cmi5 Project - github.io - cmi5 Resources | ADL... - adlnet.gov - What is cmi5: the Experience... - xapi.com - The cmi5 Project - github.io
# Research Here we list our recent reading and exploration of xAPI which needs to be sorted and organised - one-tab.com :
- Learning Locker - learningpool.com
- Deep Dive: Verbs - xapi.com - SCORM Cloud: Test, Play... - rusticisoftware.com - xAPI.com Homepage: What is... - xapi.com - Adobe Captivate Prime LMS -... - adobe.com - Blank page after... - opigno.org - vtc-lrs - npm - npmjs.com - Installing LearningLocker... - github.com
- Learning Record Store -... - learningpool.com - Experience API (xAPI)... - adlnet.gov - adlnet.github.io - github.io - xAPI Statements: The anatomy... - xapi.com - Adobe Captivate (Release... - adobe.com - xapi language map - Google... - google.com
- The World's Most Installed... - learningpool.com
- Veracity LRS | Learner Portal - lrs.io
# See also - Oauth